2014 Garden Tour Announced
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks have announced their forthcoming Garden Tour for 2014.
- The Garden Tour is set to take place on June 21st, the first day of summer.
- Cost will be $22.00 per person which includes lunch.
- Vegetarian and Diabetic food selections will be available with pre-registration.
- Transportation in 15 passenger vans will be offered for an additional $15.00 per person.
- Park your car at the starting point and ride to every location in comfort and without the hassle and worry about finding your way around or finding a place to park at the various stops along the way. You'll be taken back to your car at the end of the tour.
The 2014 Garden Tour will include these stops:
- Registration and Check-in will be at the Kimberling City Senior Center
Here, there is an MU Extension Sanctioned Garden maintained by MG Ozarks and horticultural-oriented vendors with their displays and information.
- Kimberling Area Library which includes a Children's Garden designed by a Horticultural Therapist, a fully-working composting system and an art walk
- Kimberling Ciy Shopping Center - storm control with rain gardens. The project should be fully underway as contracts have been awarded for it's development.
- Persimmon Hill Berry Farm - Lunch and Tour of the farm
- Private Garden in the Lampe/Blue Eye area - Mrs. Redford's garden has been featured in local publications
- Big Cedar Garden Tour - this could be a tour in itself!
- College of the Ozarks - Tour of the greenhouses and vegetable production
Again, cost for the tour will be $22.00 or $37.00 per person depending upon whether transportation will be provided. All registrations include lunch.
Register by mail and pay by check or register on line and pay with a credit card. You may register up to 6 people with one transaction on line.
Thanks to our Contributors
Here is a list of contributors to the Garden Tour at Five Oaks. We'd like to thank them for their contributions. If they are a business or enterprise, we'd like to encourage you to frequent their business and use it! And to all of those who attended this year, thanks for making it our most successful Garden Tour Event ever!
3 Crazy Gardeners
Big Cedar Lodge
Branson Bank – Branson
Branson Bank – Forsyth
Cedar Brook Landscape – Notch
Cedar Creek Nursery
Cedar Creek Nursery
Clark Body Works – Branson
Dr. Ralph LaBlanc
Fair Family Music Show
Five Oaks Farm
Forsyth Flower Cottage
Frogs Hollow Lodge
Grand Country Music Show – Branson
Hamner Barber Music Show
Hills and Hollows Nursery – Forsyth
Home Depot – Branson
Hughes Brothers Music Show – Branson
Kimberling City Hair Salon
Level Two Restaurant at the Hilton – Branson
Mary Hall Art Studio
Mary Jane's Tea Room
Meeks – Branson
Murder Rock Golf
National Enzyme Company
National Enzyme Company – Forsyth
Ozark Bait and Tackle
Peoples Bank – Forsyth
Presley's Music Show
Prime Time Gas – Branson and Forsyth
Prime Time Gas – Forsyth and Branson
Southpaw Water Sports
Subway – Kimberling City
Sunny Hills Nursery
Table Rock Art Guild
Table Rock Bank – Kimberling City
Taney County 4–H
The Haygoods Music Show
The Mule Barn – Hollister
The Quilted Cow
The Red Skelton Show
Tractor Supply – Hollister
Wild Birds Unlimited – Branson
Yummy Donuts – Forsyth
Introducing the Brown Bag Lunch Series
“BROWN BAG LUNCH” GARDEN SERIES 2013
AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI TANEY COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE
Pack your lunch and join us in our garden setting for casual, informative programs
Each session is on the first Tues of the month at 12 noon
All sessions are at the Native Plant Garden located behind the Extension Service Office, 122 Felkins St, Forsyth, MO. Classes are free and open to everyone as part of community education sponsored by the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks, volunteers with the University of Missouri Extension.
Call 417-546-4431 for more information.
PRESENTED BY MASTER GARDENERS OF THE OZARKS
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks is based in the Stone and Taney County area with close to 100 active residents who participate. The Master Gardeners pay back their education by volunteering in their communities. The volunteer aspect of the program is the heart of the community outreach effort.
Report Hours On Line
Report Your Hours On Line at the University of Missouri Extension On Line Reporting Site. It's easy. Just set up your account, log in and start keeping your hours records on line.
Member Sign In
Annual Garden Tour
Story Hour at the Kimberling Area Library is special for those who get to attend