2014 Fall Gardening Workshop
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks present...
The 11th Annual Fall Gardening Workshop
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Registration, vendor booths and continental breakfast opens at 8:30 AM
Workshops 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church
71 Kimberling Blvd
Kimberling City, MO
Immediately adjacent to the Senior Center
- Death by Chlorophyll
Oscar Cross - Hilltop Gardens, Ash Grove
- Straw Bale Gardening
Mark & Renae Bernskoetter - Master Gardeners, Springfield
- Organic Weed Control
Kelly McGowan - Extension Horticulture Educator, Springfield
- Bulbs for Fall Planting
Patrick Byers - Extension Horticulture Specialist, Springfield
YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW...
Advance registration is recommended. Space is limited so register early! The workshop includes lunch by Lilliee's Catering of Reeds Spring. Contact the Extension Center for special dietary needs. Vendors include Cedarbrook Garden Center, Hilltop Gardens, The Flower Farm and Art that Rocks. Cost per person for all sessions, continental breakfast and lunch is $18.00.
Online registration is encouraged and available on this website. Use a major credit card to pay using the secure PayPal payment gateway. A PayPal account is NOT NECESSARY. Deadline for Online Registration is September 25th.
Download and print the Registration form to register by mail and pay by check. Deadline for Registration by Mail is September 19th.
- Stone County Extension Center
- PO Box 345
- Galena, MO 65656
Sponsored by the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks, Stone and Taney County Extension Councils & Stone and Taney County Commissions.
Brown Bag Lunch Series for 2014
‘BROWN BAG LUNCH’ GARDEN SERIES 2014
AT UNIVERSITY OF MO EXTENSION OFFICE
MASTER GARDENERS DEMONSTRATION GARDEN
122 FELKINS ST, FORSYTH, MO
CLASSES ARE HELD THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AT NOON
Pack your lunch and join us in our garden setting for casual, informative programs
THIS YEAR WE INTRODUCE TWO NEW SATURDAY CLASSES AT 10 AM
JULY 1 LASAGNA GARDENING
CHARLIE PHANEUF, Master Gardener
Lasagna gardening is a no-dig, no-till organic
gardening method that results in a rich, fluffy
soil with very little work from the gardener.
PERFECT METHOD FOR TOUGH OZARK HILLS
AUG 5 BUTTERFLY GARDENING
TOM RILEY, Master Gardener
SEPT 9 RAISED BED/WINTER
GARDENING ED FISHER
Turn a raised bed into a cold frame or winter
greenhouse. In the spring you can remove the
plastic and add row cover to protect plants from
SAT OCT 4
PASS ALONG PLANTS
MARVA RAMSEY, Master Gardener
Explore traditions from the Oregon Trail Roses to
today’s Southern Culture of plants traveling
from one gardener to another. We will also
discuss and demonstrate basics of dividing,
propagation and saving seeds.
A FREE PLANT SHARE WILL FOLLOW
Classes are free and open to everyone as part of community education sponsored by the
Master Gardeners of the Ozarks, volunteers with the University of Missouri Extension.
For further information contact the Taney County MU Extension Center at 417-546-4431
2014 Garden Tour Announced
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks have announced their forthcoming Garden Tour for 2014.
- The Garden Tour is set to take place on June 21st, the first day of summer.
- Cost will be $22.00 or $37.00 per person which includes lunch. The cost difference depends upon whether you drive yourself use our Van option. Ride in air-conditioned comfort. Leave your car, ride in the van and then get returned to your car.
Please Note: As of June 13th we have only 9 seats left for the Van Option.
- Vegetarian and Diabetic food selections will be available with pre-registration.
The 2014 Garden Tour will include these stops:
- Registration and Check-in will be at the Kimberling City Senior Center
Here, there is an MU Extension Sanctioned Garden maintained by MG Ozarks and horticultural-oriented vendors with their displays and information.You will leave your car here if you've chosed the Van Option.
- Kimberling Area Library which includes a Children's Garden designed by Master Gardener and Horticultural Therapist, Julie Jacob; a fully-working composting system and an art walk
- Kimberling Ciy Shopping Center - storm control with rain gardens. The project should be fully underway as contracts have been awarded for it's development.
- Persimmon Hill Berry Farm - Lunch and Tour of the farm
- Private Garden in the Lampe/Blue Eye area - Mrs. Redford's garden has been featured in local publications
- Big Cedar Garden Tour - this could be a tour in itself!
- College of the Ozarks - Tour of the greenhouses and vegetable production
Again, cost for the tour will be $22.00 per person - drive yourself and your guests. All registrations include lunch.
Register by mail and pay by check or register on line and pay with a credit card. You may register up to 6 people with one transaction on line.
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks is based in the Stone and Taney County area with close to 100 active residents who participate. The Master Gardeners pay back their education by volunteering in their communities. The volunteer aspect of the program is the heart of the community outreach effort.
Report Hours On Line
Report Your Hours On Line at the University of Missouri Extension On Line Reporting Site. It's easy. Just set up your account, log in and start keeping your hours records on line.
Member Sign In
Fall Gardening Workshop - 2014
Story Hour at the Kimberling Area Library is special for those who get to attend