Brown Bag Lunch Series for 2014
‘BROWN BAG LUNCH’ GARDEN SERIES 2014
AT UNIVERSITY OF MO EXTENSION OFFICE
MASTER GARDENERS DEMONSTRATION GARDEN
122 FELKINS ST, FORSYTH, MO
CLASSES ARE HELD THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH AT NOON
Pack your lunch and join us in our garden setting for casual, informative programs
THIS YEAR WE INTRODUCE TWO NEW SATURDAY CLASSES AT 10 AM
JULY 1 LASAGNA GARDENING
CHARLIE PHANEUF, Master Gardener
Lasagna gardening is a no-dig, no-till organic
gardening method that results in a rich, fluffy
soil with very little work from the gardener.
PERFECT METHOD FOR TOUGH OZARK HILLS
AUG 5 BUTTERFLY GARDENING
TOM RILEY, Master Gardener
SEPT 9 RAISED BED/WINTER
GARDENING ED FISHER
Turn a raised bed into a cold frame or winter
greenhouse. In the spring you can remove the
plastic and add row cover to protect plants from
SAT OCT 4
PASS ALONG PLANTS
MARVA RAMSEY, Master Gardener
Explore traditions from the Oregon Trail Roses to
today’s Southern Culture of plants traveling
from one gardener to another. We will also
discuss and demonstrate basics of dividing,
propagation and saving seeds.
A FREE PLANT SHARE WILL FOLLOW
Classes are free and open to everyone as part of community education sponsored by the
Master Gardeners of the Ozarks, volunteers with the University of Missouri Extension.
For further information contact the Taney County MU Extension Center at 417-546-4431
2014 Garden Tour Announced
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks have announced their forthcoming Garden Tour for 2014.
- The Garden Tour is set to take place on June 21st, the first day of summer.
- Cost will be $22.00 or $37.00 per person which includes lunch. The cost difference depends upon whether you drive yourself use our Van option. Ride in air-conditioned comfort. Leave your car, ride in the van and then get returned to your car.
Please Note: As of June 13th we have only 9 seats left for the Van Option.
- Vegetarian and Diabetic food selections will be available with pre-registration.
The 2014 Garden Tour will include these stops:
- Registration and Check-in will be at the Kimberling City Senior Center
Here, there is an MU Extension Sanctioned Garden maintained by MG Ozarks and horticultural-oriented vendors with their displays and information.You will leave your car here if you've chosed the Van Option.
- Kimberling Area Library which includes a Children's Garden designed by Master Gardener and Horticultural Therapist, Julie Jacob; a fully-working composting system and an art walk
- Kimberling Ciy Shopping Center - storm control with rain gardens. The project should be fully underway as contracts have been awarded for it's development.
- Persimmon Hill Berry Farm - Lunch and Tour of the farm
- Private Garden in the Lampe/Blue Eye area - Mrs. Redford's garden has been featured in local publications
- Big Cedar Garden Tour - this could be a tour in itself!
- College of the Ozarks - Tour of the greenhouses and vegetable production
Again, cost for the tour will be $22.00 per person - drive yourself and your guests. All registrations include lunch.
Register by mail and pay by check or register on line and pay with a credit card. You may register up to 6 people with one transaction on line.
Thanks to our Contributors
Here is a list of contributors to the Garden Tour at Five Oaks. We'd like to thank them for their contributions. If they are a business or enterprise, we'd like to encourage you to frequent their business and use it! And to all of those who attended this year, thanks for making it our most successful Garden Tour Event ever!
3 Crazy Gardeners
Big Cedar Lodge
Branson Bank – Branson
Branson Bank – Forsyth
Cedar Brook Landscape – Notch
Cedar Creek Nursery
Cedar Creek Nursery
Clark Body Works – Branson
Dr. Ralph LaBlanc
Fair Family Music Show
Five Oaks Farm
Forsyth Flower Cottage
Frogs Hollow Lodge
Grand Country Music Show – Branson
Hamner Barber Music Show
Hills and Hollows Nursery – Forsyth
Home Depot – Branson
Hughes Brothers Music Show – Branson
Kimberling City Hair Salon
Level Two Restaurant at the Hilton – Branson
Mary Hall Art Studio
Mary Jane's Tea Room
Meeks – Branson
Murder Rock Golf
National Enzyme Company
National Enzyme Company – Forsyth
Ozark Bait and Tackle
Peoples Bank – Forsyth
Presley's Music Show
Prime Time Gas – Branson and Forsyth
Prime Time Gas – Forsyth and Branson
Southpaw Water Sports
Subway – Kimberling City
Sunny Hills Nursery
Table Rock Art Guild
Table Rock Bank – Kimberling City
Taney County 4–H
The Haygoods Music Show
The Mule Barn – Hollister
The Quilted Cow
The Red Skelton Show
Tractor Supply – Hollister
Wild Birds Unlimited – Branson
Yummy Donuts – Forsyth
Page 1 of 5<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next > End >>
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks is based in the Stone and Taney County area with close to 100 active residents who participate. The Master Gardeners pay back their education by volunteering in their communities. The volunteer aspect of the program is the heart of the community outreach effort.
Report Hours On Line
Report Your Hours On Line at the University of Missouri Extension On Line Reporting Site. It's easy. Just set up your account, log in and start keeping your hours records on line.
Member Sign In
Fall Gardening Workshop - 2014
Coming Up Next:
The 11th Annual
Master Gardeners of the Ozarks
Fall Gardening Workshop
Stay Tuned for Details
Story Hour at the Kimberling Area Library is special for those who get to attend