2019 Master Gardeners of the Ozarks Plant Sale
Our Plant Sale on Saturday, April 27 on Main St. in Forsyth, MO is a community event you will want to experience whether you are a seasoned gardener or have a brown thumb you would like to turn green. If you like to plan ahead, these tips can help you get the most out of your Plant Sale experience whether it’s your first time or your 4th time to attend!
- Give us time to move all the plants on Saturday morning, but remember Plant Sale begins at 9:00 a.m. The sale ends at 2 PM, so make sure to catch us before the gates close!
- Members provide most of the plants for sale but we do accept donated plants for resale. Every year we make sure to have a few annuals, lots of perennials, natives and shrubs, houseplants, vines, specialty plants and more!
- BYOW: bring your wheelbarrow or wagon to help carry your haul of new plants since you will probably want to take home more than your arms can hold! We will have a few wagons available for you to borrow and Master Gardeners can assist you in loading your plants into your vehicle. Also helpful would be BYOB: bring your own box for carrying plants. A limited amount will be available but always nice to BYOB.
- Please bring cash or check to pay for your items. At this time, we are unable to accept Credit/debit cards. In addition to plants, we will have for sale bluebird houses, bat houses, a few crafts made by MG’s and best of all, our POLLINATOR BOXES! These are a selection of annuals or perennials picked just for you to start an instant pollinator bed!
- Do you have a question about the new plant you are buying or an existing issue in your home garden? Visit our info table and talk to a Master Gardener about it! We will also have useful handouts on a variety of common home garden issues. Also available are Informational tables on Composting and Keyhole Gardens.
- Now is your chance to learn more about becoming a Master Gardener yourself. All skill levels and gardening interests are welcome. Visit our Welcome table to sign up for more information to be sent to you and receive lots of “freebies” for attendees such as Beautyberry and Tulip Poplar seedlings from Missouri Department of Conservation.
- Bring a chair to sit and enjoy our speakers at 10, 11 and noon. Need more info? Find 2019 Plant Sale Master Gardeners of the Ozarks event page on Facebook, or call our Taney County Extension Center at 417-546-4431.
- Don’t forget to bring the children to visit the new “Children’s Garden” activity area.
- Our Plant Sale will be held rain or shine so bring your umbrella or poncho in case we get some April showers. Safety first, of course.
- Have fun, learn something new, and make new plant-loving friends! We hope to see you there! Thrive Bistro will be set up to serve coffee, drinks and muffins for the early arrivals and Tropical Ice will be serving Wraps and Smoothies. It’s not only a plant sale but a day long event.
Visit our event page on Facebook for more info.
Master Gardeners of the Ozarks are volunteers who support the University of Missouri Extension Service by educating the public on the best research-based practices in horticulture and environmental stewardship.
In 2018, Master Gardeners of the Ozarks reported 7998 volunteer service hours working on many service projects such as the Children’s Garden at Kimberling Library, the Demonstration Garden at the Taney County Extension Office, Dewey Short Project Office gardens, Bonniebrook gardens, Spring and Fall Workshops for the public, educational programs are held monthly from April until Oct, preparing for our annual Plant Sale, and “Springtime in the Garden”. A complete list of our projects can be found on our website at
The Plant Sale is a fundraiser to raise money for us to carry out the volunteer service projects we offer and two annual horticulture student scholarships. All of these things would not be possible without the support of our Plant Sale patrons.