The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks announce the availability of grant funds for gardening projects that support this mission statement: “The mission of the University of Missouri Extension Master Gardener volunteer program is to provide horticultural information and training to the gardening public based on proven research specific to the local climate, soils and plants.”
Download, fill out and submit the Grant Application and Guidelines PDF below to apply.
Garden Grant Guidelines
Requests must be submitted in writing by members of the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks on the Application Form. The form is available through the Stone County Extension Office (417-357-6812) and on our website. Applications must be received at the Stone County Extension Office by February 15. They will be reviewed by the Grant Committee and recommendations made to the membership by March general membership meeting where members will vote on the committee’s recommendations and grants will be awarded.
Invoices or receipts must be submitted to the MG Treasurer before funds are released. No reimbursement will be made for Missouri State sales taxes if paid. (Be sure to obtain a tax exemption form from the Extension Office) Grant funds must be used within one year and any monies remaining on December 31st, will be returned to the MGO General Fund.
Requests will be judged by the following:
- relevance to the mission statement above (educational components will be favored)
- feasibility of completing the project within the proposed time limit
- clarity and completeness of the application
How to Apply for a Grant:
- Obtain an official Application Form
- Complete the application in full.
- Submit the completed application form to reach the Stone County Extension Office by February 15th.
How to Complete a Grant:
- Progress reports are due to the executive committee June 1st and Sept. 1st.
- When the project is completed or by December 31st, whichever comes first, the project leader shall prepare a project completion report. The report will be presented at a membership meeting.